Sunday, November 18, 2012

What's for dinner???

If memory serves me correctly, I managed to fend for my "single" self without NEAR as much consternation over meal planning! I ate what I wanted, when I wanted and how I wanted with nary a complaint from my dinner guest aka moi.  But here lately, meal planning is becoming more of a chore!!!  Though I have stacks and stacks of cookbooks, paper clippings and recipe stashes I cannot get into a groove.  I find myself either cooking the same-o-thing or worse, ordering out.

Where or where can a girl find a month's worth of healthy, non-boring, quick-cooking, budget friendly meals????


My latest plan of attack is Pinterest!  I am continually amazed at how much free time virtual Moms & Wives seem to have.  Like seriously, how are you running kids here & there, decorating your house for each season, cooking every night and saving money????  But that's for another post :). 

For now, my plan is to rely upon those ladies to scour the web and lead me to a recipe treasure trove.  I just threw this:


Courtesy of Living Life of Riley!   Ms. Nikki has a ton of crockpot success stories (cause I wanna know that it actually turned out well) that I'll be relying upon in a quest to get my cooking groove back.  To account for the sugar, I plan to serve this with a healthy side that Ms. Giada whipped up this weekend:


Please share your go to Crock Winners!

Lady Hawk

1 comment:

  1. OMGoodness...that crockpot is like my best friend!!!!!!!!!! You really can make almost ANYTHING in it...spaghetti, chilli, lasagna, BBQ chicken, soup, etc!!!

    Winners for me are the one scoop meals that hubby can easily fix the next day. If I do meat, starch and veggie...it will sit in the fridge all week! GUARANTEED!!!!!!!!!

    Oddly enough I'm the non-cooker turned cooking lover! LOL!!!!!!!! I'm on a good streak right now! :)

    ReplyDelete